Pasta is one of life’s true pleasures and it epitomises the traditional Italian family lifestyle. Made from the finest ingredients, it’s the basis of hundreds of delicious dishes like spinach and ricotta cannelloni, spaghetti carbonara, or lasagne.
Choosing pasta like a professional
It’s important to choose the right type; for example, thinner pasta like tagliatelle is used in lighter sauce dishes since its just the right shape to hold the sauce. For chunky vegetable sauces, choose larger pasta shapes like conchiglie, penne and rigatoni which will pick up and hold larger pieces. Pasta Secca, or dry pasta, is the type that is most commonly used. At Eataly, you’ll discover a comprehensive range of dried pasta from Italian brands like Afeltra, Monfortina and Il Pastaio. We also make our own fresh pasta using the finest ingredients! Pop into an Eataly store and our team will be delighted to advise you on which pasta to choose.
Festa Della Pasta
Don’t miss the opportunity to sample dishes made from Italy’s most famous export this September and October. At Eataly you can find our Festa Della Pasta, a celebration of the culinary traditions of Italy based on this most exceptional ingredient. You’ll find lots of tasty dishes on the menu such as:
- GNOCCHI ALLA SORRENTINA: homemade potato gnocchi enveloped in rich tomato sauce, and baked with mozzarella fior di latte and Parmigiano Reggiano.
- TRE CAPPELLACCI COLORATI: a trio of gloriously coloured pasta, (plain, beetroot and spinach), stuffed with flavoured mixed meats and porcini mushrooms. Served on a bed of mashed potato in butter sage sauce drizzled with beef demi-glace and fonduta con tartufo.
- CALAMARO ALLA PUTTANESCA: a sumptuous puttanesca sauce made with ripe yellow datterino tomatoes.
- CANNELLONI RICOTTA E SPINACI: a traditional dish of fresh cannelloni, stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese. Gratinated with bechamel, tomato sauce and Parmigiano Reggiano D.O.P.
Bring the kids!
Pasta dishes are ideal for any occasion, whether it’s a special family dinner or lunch with friends. Even kids love them and they love learning to make their own even more. Why not sign them up for some of the Eataly Festa Della Pasta kids classes?
- Kids Tagliatelle Tri Colorate 08 September, 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Kids Ravioli Verde 15 September, 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Kids Cappellacci Rossi 22 September, 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Kids Gnocchi 29 September, 11:00am – 12:30pm
Classes are for up to 10 children between the ages of 5 and 10. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Contact one of our team members to sign up today.
Come along to Eataly Festa Della Pasta and discover the secrets of successful pasta!