Tiramisu is the most famous and best loved Italian dessert in the world. Its combination of creaminess and flavour is made from alternating layers of Savoiardi biscuits, soaked in coffee, and soft mascarpone cream, with a dusting of cocoa. To celebrate this traditional speciality that makes the whole world jealous of Italy, Eataly has decided to devote an international day of celebration to Tiramisù: Tiramisu Day will take place on March 21st at our stores all over the world.
Tiramisù Day at the Eataly Arabia stores
Eataly Arabia is also taking part in this fantastic event and is taking it to the next level. In fact, on March 21st from 12pm to 3pm and from 7pm to 9pm, our stores will become the scene of authentic live demos teaching you how to make this beloved dessert. For those who aren’t able to come to the store, here’s a preview: are you ready to discover the authentic ingredients of Tiramisu and the traditional recipe so you can make it at home?
- Whipping cream 100g
- Mascarpone cheese 100g
- Icing sugar 60g
- Pasteurized egg yolk 34g
- Rice sponge 50g
- Coffee syrup 30ml
- Chocolate bar 20g
- In a bowl, mix the whipping cream and mascarpone cheese. Whisk it till it becomes thick
- Take a separate bowl and mix egg yolk and sugar for two minutes
- Add the mixed cream and cheese until you meet the desired consistency and set it aside
- Soak a sponge cake in coffee syrup
- In a clean container, arrange the coffee flavored sponge cake
- Pour the home made cream cheese and spread it evenly
- Garnish it by grating some chocolate over it
- Chill it in the fridge and your tiramisu is ready!